Monday, June 6, 2011

VBS - Day 1

I feel like I'm back at home in this class. I LOVE teaching this class of boys. They are at such a fun, energetic, curious, eager, interested age. Their hearts are at a very tender age for the Holy Spirit's working, their minds sharper then what appears to grasp deep spiritual truths.

I have the privilige of working with an awesome team. I recruited my Dad to be my adult co-teacher and Devan to be my youth assistant. They are the best team a girl could ask for.

The theme is the Big Apple Adventure. Hence, the grafiti, construction, big city wall, etc. This poster describes what we're all about: Jesus Christ.

construction zone ahead


ABCs of becoming a Christian:

A - Admit to God you are a sinner
B - Believe in Jesus
C - Confess your faith in Jesus as your Savior and your Lord


Our Bible story grafiti wall

The teams drew their illustrations from todays Bible story about the Roman Centurion and his faith in Christ when he asked Christ to merely speak a word and his servant was healed.

Devan and his team: The Archangels (they picked their team names)

My Dad, Jack, and his team The Disciples

We're off to a great start and I just hope we continue to grow in numbers and in the ways of Christ!

No comments: