Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reading

Lately Micah has shown a strong interest in books lately.

He carries them all over the house turning the pages and trying to read them.

He carries them to us, walking up and handing us the book to read to him.

Of course silly sister had to pose for a few pics when she saw brother getting so much attention...

Gotta love my silly girl.

What better way to feed the reading interest then a visit to a huge, amazing library? When my friend Melissa suggested a trip to Chik-fil-a for lunch and some play time in the indoor play area I thought such a great idea, why not pair it with a library trip?

Of course, all Micah really wanted to do was pull books off the shelf...and big sister, as well.
We did enjoy a few still, focused moments

and came home with a huge pile of books for some good summer reading. With Micah's recent interest in books came a guilt trip for Mom realizing we've read so very little to him, and so little to Ivory lately. I think checking out new books will inspire us to read them (library books were SO exciting to me as a kid, I remember almost always checking out my limiti and reading them as soon as we got in the car...if not before). My goal is at least two a day and to establish a set reading time every day. We'll see how this goes...

Thanks Melissa & Addie for a fun play date, we sure are glad for such good friends!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We had a great time, too! Addie is loving her library books :)