Monday, August 1, 2011

Birthday Banner

Loving all the triangle/half circle cloth banners that are popping up all over the blogosphere.  Also loved the triangle paper banner my roomie made Micah for his 1st birthday.  This has inspired me to make a family birthday banner we can use at every birthday each year.   I decided I would make it using the supplies I had, thus the slightly girly, pastely fabric.  Not exactly what I had in mind, but I think it turned out cute enough.  The middle triangle is plain and I made some striped fabric numbers 0-9 to velcro on so they can be changed out according to what age the family member is turning.  I thought it might be fun to make a tradition out of always hanging up the family birthday banner each birthday.  I remember our friends growing up having a birthday candle and I thought that was super cool.  Another friend made a special plate to use on special occasions, which I may imitate one day, too.  Love fun, simple family traditions.

Little cloth bag to hold the striped numbers.

Plan to see the birthday banner popping up in only a few weeks--yes, our little girl will turn 3 in only a few weeks!

No comments: