Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Visits

We had a little Valentine's fun this year.


I made some little cloth bags, filled them with a little chocolate (sugar free life savor mints for the diabetic) and lots of love.

And we delivered them to some of the sweet people in our lives who have been a tremendous blessing to our family and many others. 

I wish we could have visited so many more, because we are truly blessed by so many, many thoughtful, generous people, but we were only able to make a few visits, even less then originally planned due to Micah's recent regression (cough & congestion is back).  Ivory *loved* delivering Valentine's to each door and telling Daddy about each visit.  Definitely want to do this again next year.

On one of our visits Ivory received a lollipop, another some flowers from Mrs. Feral's tree. Ivory was delighted.


The kids, of course, received their fair share of Valentime gifts. Between biological and adoptive grandparents my kids will never escape spoiling--or lots of love.







For Ivory (she's all about the princesses right now, particularly Princess Aurora--Sleeping Beauty):

The girl also now has a big enough store of sugar to last her the rest of the year!

The kids had some Cassie time, which is a Valentine gift in itself.


I came in from my morning walk to this:


Yes, my husband is amazing. And brave. Paint with an 8-month-old? And Micah + the house were not covered in paint.  Ivory cut out the heart on the lines + painted it like the big girl that she's fast becoming.  They both loved it.  Almost as much as I did.  And did I mention my husband found me a homemade, delicious smelling candle?   Yes, he's that thoughtful + creative.

I pray that you were blessed on Valentine's Day and that you sought to be a blessing.  Most of all, I pray you were reminded of the one who loves you more then anything else and sent His only Son into the world to die so we might live.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." --1 John 4:7-8

No comments: