Saturday, February 19, 2011

Baby Shower

My PINK team threw a baby shower for the Crisis Pregnancy Center Wednesday night.

Practicing our skit for the program.

The video is long; I'm mainly posting it for my teens.


The students are each reading true stories about people's experiences with abortion.  The stories include the remarkable stories of Gianna Jessen, Tim Tebow, Amy Charlton, and Bobby Conner.  Three of these survived abortions and one was born miraculously healthy when doctors had suggested abortion due to severe physical deformities.  The skit also included three anonymous stories about women who had abortions and how miserable their lives were following.  One was a mom who raised her grandson after her daughter died during an abortion.  Another story about a young college girl's struggle to live after aborting her baby.  The final story is about  a mom of 4 who turned to just about everything else to find comfort following the abortions of her 5th & 6th children and finally found hope in Christ.  We concluded with this message from God's Word:

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
-John 10:9-11


“I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,”
-Deuteronomy 30:19

Jesus offers life and forgiveness to ALL. There is no sin too great that Jesus won’t forgive. He offers hope to the hopeless, rest for the weary, and healing for the brokenhearted. Come to him and choose LIFE.

-------------
Then the students watched a movie detailing a child's development within the womb.  Jason shared some awesome facts, like the fact that at the moment of conception all of your dna is present that will shape you into the physical person you grow to become.  Yes, from conception.  In some cultures they count age from conception, not birth.  Then Jason shared with the students that the God who designed all of this values life.  He values souls.  He read from John 3 where Jesus tells Nicodemus he must be born again--born of the spirit.  Christ is hope.  He is life.

We played Indescribable and a slideshow of babies, prego bellies, and families while Cassie read Psalm 139.  A celebration of life.

The PINK team worked hard. 

Lots of baby gifts for the Crisis Pregnancy Center

Great message taught.
Success.

These precious words never grow old:

O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol [the grave], behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,"
Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day
Darkness and light are alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand
When I awake, I am still with You.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

--Psalm 139

No comments: