Wednesday, September 29, 2010

McDonalds + Scrabble = Date Night

Sometimes the simplest things in life are the best. Date nights with my sweetheart are no exception.  While I'm all about fancy and fun, I do love me a simple trip to McD's with my honey.

And check out how nice this McD's is!  They're really getting a lot nicer in our area.  Some have gas fireplaces, big screen TVs, individual game screens/tvs, kid craft nights, etc.  Definitely taking a turn for the better.

Loving the fact that they have pictures of fruits & veggies on a grease-pit restaraunt...ha.  Make us feel guilty while we're enjoying our grease, thank you! =)

I'm loving this Southern Style grease chicken sandwich we discovered on our road trip to Indiana.  It resembles Chik-fil-a's deliciousness...though McD's could never truly compare to Chik-fil-a's wonderfulness (aren't you loving my sophisticated use of vocabulary today?).  It has, however, made eating at McD's somewhat enjoyable compared to the former painful experience.

So...about counting those calories...ya.  You can see I'm a very dedicated dieter.

The date night is complete with our own version of apple scrabble.  We recently discovered how much more enjoyable scrabble is for us when we don't keep score.  We're both a little on the competitive side so this way neither of us can feel bad about losing--we're both winners!   Thanks, Beth, for our apple scrabble game--it's *perfect* for these date nights!

Enjoying some ice cream on the way back to pick up our kiddos.

Thanks Mrs. Robin + Brother Mike for watching 1 challenging toddler + 1 fussy baby.  Ya'll truly are the best.  Nights like these make the challenging days melt away and my love for my adorable husband stay strong.

No comments: