Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm certain I have the best family ever.  What a special, special day.  I-am-so-blessed.

I woke up to this (grandma & Ivory made the vase for me a few weeks back!):


My mom & dad came in yesterday (5th wheel).  My mom is staying until Micah's birth add two weeks.  She's amazing.  (My dad will be coming back Thursday, some important things he has to take care of back home before going on grandkid duty for the next month--between Micah and my sister's quickly coming due date they're in for a busy month or so!)

Grandma came in to find this (something Ivory & her daddy worked on):

I had the privilige of being celebrated as a mom and celebrating with my beautiful mom.  So. Special.





From May 2010
And if all that wasn't enough to overwhelm any mom with love and sweetness, I received this before nap time (we all got naps--can I hear three cheers?!):

Ivory came walking up with her daddy and this little book under her arm so very proud of herself.  She excitedly handed me the book and with great enthusiasm showed me each page and told me all about it.  She took such pride in her work and was so excited to show it to mommy.  Then, she had to show grandma.  Then mommy again.    The cycle would probably have continued had we not taken a break for nap. =)  I seriously have such a brave, creative, and thoughtful husband.  Try to imagine the patience, skill, and creativity it took to work with a not-yet-20-month-old on this project where she did most of it.  She mixed the glue and glitter, laid out the artwork, helped write in the book, cut the yarn with scissors, threaded the yarn through the holes, etc.  This is why I use the word brave.  Ivory and Jason worked on this in 3 different sessions--it took hours.  I am so incredibly touched.  I only wish I could express with words what this means to me.  Before napping I just had to stare and stare.  And thank my husband again and again. 

I sure hope all of you had a special mother's day with loved ones.  Though Micah did not decide to make an appearance today, we still had a wonderful day. =)  And I have to say, labor isn't really my idea of a relaxing mother's day...Oh, and I did manage to get THE mother's day rose in church--again.  I got it for the first time last year for having the youngest baby and again this year!   I'm soaking this up for as long as I can because it'll take a while before I can get the rose for being the oldest mom...

1 comment:

Debra Eby said...

I still love telling people that you suspected Jason had Ivory working on something for you because she came home covered in glitter. Love it!