Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friday on the Farm

Cassie called Friday afternoon to invite us to dinner at her Meme & Papa's.  It was a welcome distraction from this current (today) status:
Besides the fact that we really enjoy their company and Ivory has a blast when we go to "the farm."
Ivory will at random ask about Meme & Papa.  She was fascinated with the goose eggs.  Actually, she's fascinated with anything bird.  She talked about seeing the goose & chickens all the way over.  Well, that's when she wasn't too busy jamming to Grandma's 50s tunes.
Meme & Cassie prepared a delicious dinner.  Mom contributed a delicious strawberry upside down cake & a reese's dessert.  I contributed my favorite bread focaccia.  I'll have to post the recipe one day, it's so delish!
Ivory screamed Cassie's name when we pulled into the driveway and she saw her sitting on the porch. 
And, of course, she was rather excited to see her Bobo as well:
I enjoy so much having my parents here and was glad they came along for dinner.  Though, they didn't get much Ivory time that night with all the excitement!  That's okay, I'm sure I can arrange some quality time for them today...
This was an extra special visit because Christina's sweetheart, Nate, & his friend Aaron were in town.  We enjoyed seeing Nate, but all vote that next time he better come with his beautiful wife.
Ivory had fun playing with the indoor toys, but this lasted in very short spurts. 
I think her motto is "why play inside when you can be outside?"  And I can't blame her, chickens, geese, gardens, gorgeous weather...I vote for outside, too!
The chickens have grown!  Ivory asks, "What happened?"
Ivory followed the geese around yelling, "Fred, FRED!!" (one of the geese).  I took a video of this preciousness, but lost it somehow.  Tragedy.  "FRED!" was soon followed by, "Go get 'em."  And then we'd run after them.  Somehow we never could catch those geese...
Imagine her little voice accompanying this wave with, "Hi, chickens, hi chickens, hi chickens..."
From May 2010
Poppa joined us later and became Ivory's friend for life when he shared his reese's dessert with her.  Ivory was sweet and gave hugs & kisses to everyone before leaving.  My little girl is precious.


We had a great evening, but we missed you, Christina.  This post is dedicated to you, lovely.  And Nate, you better bring her along next time!! ;-)

No comments: