Thursday, May 6, 2010

Midwife

Yesterday we were excited to see the midwife who delivered Ivory! Sadly, she retired early this year so we won't be able to have her deliver our precious Micah. But, she did a great job training Tammy in her stead and hopefully, *if she comes back in town by the time I go into labor*, she will deliver him. I took the opportunity to snap a couple pictures of Ivory & Suzie since we never did get a picture of her before.

She is an amazing midwife and very thoughtful person. She did a great job coaching me through my pregnancy and delivery (I went into labor the day before she left for England!). She also taught our lamaze class. She always remembers us and asks about Jason and his ministry. She is an intelligent and kind woman. We were sad to see her retire, but happy she's had so many good years serving other women and has a chance to rest now and enjoy her grandkids. Ysterday we met the lady who will be taking her job (so there will be two midwifes at our office) and we really like her. Suzie is also training her. Here's to hoping our next midwife experience is as marvelous as the first!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oooo, I had Carys with a midwife! Does she deliver at a hospital or a birthing center or at home? I actually had Carys at home - a month after I turned 43. Yikes! It was the easiest birth and delivery of all 4, though. :)