Sunday, February 21, 2010

President's Day

With Monday being President's Day our teenagers had the day off from school. The Baptist College of Florida, however, did not. This created the perfect opportunity for us to take some of our older teenagers for a visit to our alma mater.
Ivory and I decided to join them for this mini road trip.
Ivory thoroughly enjoyed the company of some of her favorite people and was happy the entire drive even without her Elmo videos & music!
The morning started out rainy & somewhat dreary, but cleared up post lunch.`
Our pastor let us borrow their mini van--thanks Bro Mike!
Our excellent driver.
His thoughtful co-pilot who sincerely enjoyed not turning around ever 2 minutes to attend to the needs of Ivory Rae.
Stephen enjoying some tunes.
Beautiful Aliya--if you ever need a fantastic babysitter, call this girl up!
The adorable Ivory Rae. How I love this little girl.

We met up with Cassie and enjoyed some delicious cheese wontons & tiny spicy chicken at the wonderful Super Canton. How I love me some cheese wontons--but only the Super Canton makes them to my satisfaction & great delight.
We enjoyed a delicious meal, then returned to campus in time for the students to sit in on a Christian Doctrine class taught by the brilliant Dr. Rathel--one of my favorite profs. Ivory and I enjoyed some outdoor sunshine while they sharpened their minds. Jason was proud to make a 100% on the quiz without prepping or reading--way to go, babe! I think he's studied just as much out of college as when he was in college. He's such a great student & teacher of the Word!

Ivory enjoyed playing a game of "fetch" with her felt apple.
Thought she kept telling me a firm "no" as I took pictures.
We were glad to be able to tag along for this trip and I'm proud of how well Ivory handled an entire day out with zero fussing--way to go, girl!

No comments: