Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little Golden Favorites

Ivory & I are both huge book fans--as you can see by her avid reading skills. ;-) Here are three of my personal favorites--two from when I was a little girl. I highly recommend adding these to your child's (or any child for that matter) bookshelf.


This is a new favorite:
I love how they show the children involved in the household's daily activities and the satisfaction and joy they find from being included and needed.
They take care of not only their own needs, but also help serve their family.
They show them being industrious and helpful as if that is the norm.
Ivory likes to "read" this page by singing the clean-up song.
Ivory also says, "night-night" or "bed" when she sees this page.



When I was a little girl this was my absolute favorite book. I wanted to be just like this little girl.

I loved playing mom to my baby dolls--guess I came by that honest, huh, Mom?
I was fascinated with how she did everything just like a grown-up.
Tea parties were a favorite of mine as a little girl. I look forward to tea parties with Ivory!
As a little girl I was known to tuck my dollies into their beds before heading to bed myself.


This probably came 2nd on my list of favorites as a little girl:
In this book the little girl discovers a photo of a baby and spends the whole book asking her mom the question, "Where did the baby go?" My mom always told me I was just like that little girl with how curious I was and how I asked a million and one questions all day long.

And of course in the end she found that she's the "baby" in the picture.

What are some of your favorite children's books? Some of Ivory favorites include the classic Goodnight Moon, The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry & the Big Hungry Bear, Oh Baby, the Places You Will Go, and her little Eric Carle board books with one picture & one word a page that she "reads" accurately.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Goodnight Moon is one of my favorites but I also loved the Runaway Bunny by the same author. I also really like Richard Scary books - you know with the worm on every page.
Once we got older, we read the Little House series together with mom and Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild.