Thursday, February 25, 2010

Current Reading List

I have this habit of hardly reading anything and then reading everything I can get my hands on--basically one extreme or the other. I started reading The Excellent Wife which came highly recommended by my friend Mrs. Patti, who's an excellent wife of many years & amazing mother to 8 children. I have been very challenged by this book and would encourage a wife at any stage of life to allow its contents to sift your heart. Well, starting that book inspired me to read more and more and more!
Our church members were challenged to start the 40 Days of Loving Jesus (written by a pastor friend of our pastor) on Valentine's Day. I decided I'd do the Love Dare challenge along with this challenge. They've both been fabulous so far!

I read a section in the Mom After God's Own Heart book (new mom gift from my friend, Christina--thanks!) the other night that convicted me about reading the Bible to Ivory more and to continue quoting/teaching Scripture to her even now.

I'm striving to read the Voice of The Faithful every night before bed.

My Mom's group is starting Beth Moore's book So Long Insecurity and I'm super excited about studying this with them! While definitely not a typical Beth Moore book/study, two chapters into it I'm loving it!

My Wednesday night middle school girls are going through this study:
Although I can't participate in the small group lately, I'm at least trying to keep up with with what they're learning. Esther has always been one of my favorite biblical characters and I read this book over and over as a little girl, yet I'm still intrigued by the new discoveries I've made while reading this study.

What's been on your adult reading list lately?

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'll have to grab The Excellent Wife when you're done. :)