Monday, November 9, 2009

Sewing Project Anyone?

Okay, so these aren't exactly seasonally appropriate sewing projects--but they're adorable! And of course, you could always go for the layered effect.

Check out these great links to free patterns:
(this is simple even if your sewing skills are very basic)

Thanks for the tip, Mrs. Tess!

Now, if I can ever finish my entire box full (it is sorta a small box) of items to be completed then I'll allow myself to start a new project. I have to say, normally I can't stand to have things undone, but I don't really mind always having ongoing sewing projects. It's sort of like my book reading problems in high school/college where I would start 5 different books and read them concurrently...sort of. That's no longer an issue now, I simply don't read. Ha, not really, it's just a lot more difficult to find time. When reading a very intriguing novel I become absolutely consumed and all I want to do is read it to the complete neglect of my family, household, sleep, and all other responsibilities. For example, when Ivory was a newborn and still doing the constant-waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-routine and in the take-forever-to-nurse-stage (it took me a while to catch on that she just liked using me as a pacifier) I decided to read a book while nursing. I decided that plan had to end when I started reading during one of the night feedings and wasted the ever-so-preciou 2 hour stretch of sleep I could get on a novel. So, I restrict myself to informative reading that does not consume me and save novels for very special occassions.

But, to those of you with no current sewing projects--be inspired!

No comments: