Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 11

11) Our Soldiers (11
A special thank you to my grandfathers who served in World War II.

A special thank you to my father-in-law who served as a Civilian with the Core of Engineers. He want to Iraq twice to help rebuild the country. The stories he told and the pictures he sent were a far cry from what we heard/saw from the media. On his first trip he managed the team that rebuilt a school for the precious children pictured below. On his second, more dangerous trip, he managed the team that built a cancer hospital for children. I also admire his family for the sacrifice of their dad during that time, especially my mother-in-law. I'm not sure if I could have been as brave & generous as her.
These are pictures of the old school.

The new school built by the Core of Engineers.
Dedication of the new school.

No comments: