Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 8

8) My Church Family (8

We are blessed with a very warm, friendly, loving, generous body of believers. You're welcome to test this out any Sunday--just watch, you'll be greeted warmly by many sweet people. I love the heart for evangelism our church has. There are so many people I can count on in a pinch! It's really difficult to have family live far away, but knowing we have our church family close by makes a world of a difference. When Jason & I married the men in the church gave their time and the congregation their money to completely remodel our home. They not only remodeled it, but they let Jason & I pick out the paint, doors, tile, cabinets, light fixtures--pretty much everything. I can't tell you the amount of times we've come home to find a thoughtful offering on our porch. Sometimes it's clothes, other times diapers, and in the summer its fresh veggies & fruit! We receive homemade cakes & goodies & generous monetary gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, pastor appreciation, holidays, etc. I am continually amazed by how this body of Christ shows us love. Sure, we have our problems, but what family doesn't? It's a joy to serve Christ with these flawed, but genuine people.
I love that for such a small church we're always doing something new, exciting, and adventurous. I love that we have anywhere from 25-50 teenagers on any given Wednesday night and 60-80 children. Many times they outnumber the adults! We're sure to keep that on the dl though, don't want any uprisings! We often challenge our teenagers to pack out the front pews of the church so much that the adults are pushed into the back & balcony! The best part--most of our adults would love it just to see all those young people worshipping our Lord!
I love our worship services. I go each Sunday anticipating that God will move in a unique & powerful way. Our choir does a fabulous job setting the example for worship. Our choir director, Mrs. Robin, does an incredible job leading them to worship. My amazing husband does a phenomenal job leading our people to look past him to Christ as we lift our hands in worship. Brother Mike always reminds us of our primary purpose on this earth & sets the example of running hard after God.
I can't imagine what my life would be like without my church family. I praise God for His body and for the privilige of being a part of it.

No comments: