Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 15

15) My Sewing Machine (15

Though at times I want to throw it through the window because, at times, it drives me crazy (as all machinery/techonology does), I'm really extremely grateful for my machine and my Mother-in-law who gave it to me. I love the old, simple, straight stitch machines. I also love experimenting with my Mom's fancy embroidery machine...not that I've actually had time to do that lately...one day...

I learned to sew on a machine like this:

For a long time I preferred it to my Mom's computerized machine with 101 fancy features. As fun as it was...I'm grateful that's not the machine I currently use. So thank you to the inventer of the sewing machine. Oh, and did I mention I despise hand sewing? So yes, double thanks to the inventor of the sewing machine!

No comments: