Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 7

7) Our incredible pastor & his fabulous family--they're like family to us (7
Brother Mike & his family nurtured our relationship from day 1, and he was there to lead us in our "I do's." Jason & I are blessed to be under his generous, compassionate, and passionate leadership. He's always good for a joke, too (...like the time we changed all their clocks while they were running errands and had them convinced it was 2 hours later then the real time and they didn't realize it until they were almost in bed...or the time we moved various objects in teh their house just to see how long it would take them to notice...or when we...welll, we'll stop there, hey, their mistake, they gave the youth pastor a key!).

Brother Mike headed to the hosital *early* in the morning while I was in labor with Ivory. He stayed for a while and prayed in the waiting room. He then left to go home for a while, but halfway home (we're talking a 45min drive here) he felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to return to the hospital. He came back and stayed outside my door and prayed. Here he is rewarded with some Ivory snuggles only hours after her birth--and now he receive plenty of her smiles & exuberant joy when she sees him coming or standing in the pulpit as she excitedly waves from the balcony each Sunday.

Mrs. Robin is one of the busiest, most generous & enthusiastic people I know. She is always pushing her team of children's workers, choir members, and all around her to do their best by her leadership and own example. She is friendly & sacrifical. I'm blessed by the way she & her husband have raised their two daughters to be godly young ladies, so I listen carefully whenever she hands out child raising advice. (And sadly, this is the best picture I have of her. Maybe we'll eventually get one where you can see her face!)

These precious girls, Cassie & Christina, are like my sisters. Christina is actually the first student I met in college when I was visiting the school (not that she remembers... ;-) & is the one who first invited me to Wewa & introduced Jason & I--so how can I not love her?! She's always good for a long talk (we tie in our speedy & excessive speaking/listening skills), some good laughs, and as a shoulder to cry on...well, more like with, we're both suckers for sympathy crying. She is proably the friendliest person I know of. She's the only one I know who spotted 3 muslims she didn't know, walked up & introduced herself, engaged in a lengthy conversation, began corresponding with them & even ate dinner with them at her home--all because of her love & passion for people & leading them to Christ. I can *always* count on meeting/talking with someone new when with this girl.
As Cassie has matured into a beautiful young woman she has become more then just a little sister & is now a dear friend. You will always laugh when in her company (or be laughed at...in a loving way, of course...though keep in mind, she may actually be laughing at a joke she told herself...in her head). She is a tremendous help with Ivory--she actually ASKS to babysit on the weekends when she's home from college! I'm proud of her strong commitment to Christ & His Word even when she seems to stand completely alone. She's one of the most headstrong, stubborn girls I know--in a good way.

Nate received a gem when he married Christina, and she didn't do too bad herself. ;-) We actually really like Nate & were ecstatic to be present for their wedding. His passion for the Lord & reaching people is well matched to his bride & they make an incredible team.
When I was in college I came nearly every weekend and stayed at this family's house where they treated me as one of their own. I was always impressed by how real they are. No pretenses with this family.
They're always good for a meal (they know how I love to eat and rarely turn down a dinner invitation!) & are willing to give or do anything that we need. Brother Mike is always looking out for Jason & our family. He is passionate about his family, evangelism, missions, and the body of Christ, particularly the part He's been led to shepherd.
I know we blessed to have such a unique relationship with our pastor and I never cease to be grateful. So thanks to my pastor & his girls, but thanks most of all to God who blessed us with a beautiful extension of family.

No comments: