Monday, October 29, 2012

Recent Projects

MIA.  Yes, this definitely describes me.  But it's not because I haven't been in action.  That's actually why I've been "missing."  Busy actually "doing."  No time to report.  Exhausted when a "free" moment comes up...or I fill it with more projects. 

Prepare for a post deluge.

Cassie's Sunday School class colored fabric squares with fabric markers.  I made them into a mini quilted zipper bag the church members filled with notes for Cassie to take with her to South Africa.   I wrote her a note for every month and included some instagram shots in each note for her to hang in her room.  She is helping care for abandoned babies with Door of Hope missions.  "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  --James 1:27

Operation Christmas Child box supplies are already being stocked at our church.  This year I wanted to use more of my talents to be apart of this ministry.  Lots and lots and lots of sewing and a little crafting of bows.  Creative disaster: I <3 a="a" bows.="bows." href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4DswZzs6zCSEdWCEdRcxIXNx5jt3VFlwz3OZB4LD85g?feat=embedwebsite">
Ivory and I agreed that Belle could use another dress.  Thus, Belle's silver sparkly oo la la dress: I learned how to make a drawstring backpack thanks to this handy book from my sister, Sherri.  Perfect for the shoeboxes!  And perfect goodbye gifts for our friends Addie + Olive. (I made the flower ones, the green one is the example in the book).

No comments: