Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wooden High Chair

I fell in love with Grandmother Bennett's wooden high chair when we visited back in May.

Three generations of males in Jason's family have grown up on meals in this high chair.  I love the heritage represented in this beautiful piece of furniture.  And ever since I've had a slight obsession with finding my own.

We can definitely use another high chair here and a wooden one would look like a piece of furniture and blend beautifully with our dinner table and not look nearly as ugly as a plastic chair.

I love this color on furniture, especially with the distressed effect.

So I googled wooden high chairs.  But, they all cost more then I wanted to pay ($250+).  So I searchd on Craigslist.  And I found some good deals for $50.  But they were very far away and I didn't want to take a 2hr+ trip.

I love this painted wooden high chair.  So it was okay with me if it was a little rough looking so I could paint the chair if need be.

Or I could use this high chair cover tutorial and spiff it up this way.

And then it happened.  I found one.  For thirty-dollars.  Yes, thirty.  And right here in town.  My sister and I snagged it together.  We were going to do some pictures with it, but time ran away from us.   But here it is.  I can't decide what to do with it.  I don't think i'm going to paint it.  The roughest part is the tray, but the rest looks pretty good.  I love it!

And Micah Man seems happy enough to eat in it.  I think that's because he's pretty much happy with anything involving eating.

1 comment:

Debra Eby said...

Yae! I can't believe we found it! I think God was saving it so that we could have that "sister moment" together. Hmm, too big to bring along in Feb, right? That's sad. :(