Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding Weekend

Wednesday after church we headed south to my parent's place. We arrived at 2:30AM with a sleepy baby & we were greeted by a smiling grandpa--who was too excited to sleep. :-) Ivory enjoyed quick Pa snuggles & then we settled her in for the rest of the night. Thursday afternoon Jason & I headed further south to our jacuzzi suite to enjoy some getaway time & to attend Eric & Jacqie's beach wedding. We had such a wonderful time! Thank you to my parents for watching Ivory. We knew she was in excellent hands & my mom even catered to my Ivory withdrawl by sending plenty of pic & video texts. Ivory had a blast with Pa & Ganma as well as enjoying time with her cousins Bella & Ally.

The wedding was at this Hilton resort in gorgeous Longboat Key, Florida.

And this is where the pictures end because after this picture I promptly dropped our camera in the sand. Yikes! I was SO AFRAID it wouldn't work. We had already lost one camera to the beach sand. Praise God, we got the sand out and it works like a dream.

The fellowship with friends was fantastic & our alone time was so refreshing. On the way home we drove over the Skyway Bridge in gorgeous 75degree sunshine and stopped in St. Petersburg for lunch at the Baywalk. We loved having no schedule or list of things to do. We relaxed in the spa by the pool, our personal jacuzzi, and king size bed. I enjoyed not cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, or changing stinky diapers. We had some great conversations & good snuggle time. I feel so blessed for the time with my sweetheart.

We headed back to my parent's place with mixed emotions--very ready to see our little girl, excited to see my parents & my sister & her family, but sad to be heading home. Of course, there's no place like home and your own bed and I was glad to be back at our church this morning.

No comments: