Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Last Minute Vaca: Day 4

Wednesday Debi & slept in and let Grandpa wake up with the babies—thanks, Dad! In the evening we enjoyed dinner with Uncle Bob (my mom’s brother), Aunt Kathy & their two friends who are escaping St. Louis’ cold weather to south Florida where they’ll be RVing it these next few weeks. Unfortunately I was not the most diligent photographer & do not have even one picture of Ivory with her Great Aunt & Uncle whom she met for the first time. Yes, I know, I need to get with it already! However, Aunt Debi did capture some other adorable pictures.

Ivory decided that she needed to “help” Grandpa grill—in the rain.

Thanks to Auntie Sherri, we had the perfect raincoat for the occasion.


Amazing how she can go from that to this in all of five seconds:






Sticks, rain & Pa--can life get any better?!


Warms this momma’s hear to watch.

Carter decided to stay out of the rain and enjoy Aunt Nancy snuggles (my dad’s sister who came down from WV to escape the snow and visit with us in sunny Florida) & some toy time with his momma.



All these late nights are really starting to get to Carter…(not really, don’t worry dad, mom diligently kept him on schedule).


Carter “tolerates” our kisses and snuggles.






Our neighbor brought over this delicious dessert for our company:

My mom prepared the rest of the meal (minus the grilling) and did an incredible job--not that any of us are surprised, she's always been a fantastic cook.

We enjoyed some amazing locally grown fresh strawberries with our dessert.


And followed up dinner with some more Carter & Ivory time. So much fun to watch them together.

Ivory loved drawing on Grandma & Grandpa’s art easel.

Kissing cousins



And let's try that again...


It is such a joy to raise kids alongside my sister...even if we do live countries apart. She is such a fabulous mom & I love learning this whole parenting thing together. I'm especially excited that we'll be having babies so close together this year! I pray my kids grow as close together one day as Debi and I are.

No comments: