Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flip-flops

Recently I have found an overwhelming amount of amazing craft/sewing projects on blogs.
I was recently inspired by Make It and Love It with this post (and its revisions in this post).

Here's how mine turned out:




Just *had* to make a matching bow!



Please excuse the un-manicured toes, it is growing inreasingly difficult to reach my toes for extended periods of time. Anyone anxious to practice your pedi skills? ;-)
You can find these children's flip-flops at Target for only $2.50--the sizes run as small 5/6. They're currently a little large on Ivory; I think they'll be perfect for summer, though.
I just used some black flip flops I already had, hence the worn spots. But that just means they're already perfectly broken in! I do know you can always find some pretty cheap flops at Old Navy. I usually have ribbon on hand that I find on sale. I actually bought ribbon expressly for this purpose because I received a lot of great 40% & 50% off coupons for JoAnn's and this is the sort of ribbon I'll use on other projects later. I also received my velcro 50% off! Can't beat that. This will help me with my travel dilemma of over-packing...at least in the shoe department.
I may add bows/flowers & more ribbon options later. I love the result, but it wasn't my favorite project to create. Can't quite explain why, it just wasn't.