Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shoe Makeover

I had a fashion dilemma for a wedding we were attending. I didn't have time to shop for anything and didn't want to spend the money, anyways. So, I decided it was time to get creative. I recalled another great idea from Make It and Love It in this post.

I pulled out a pair of plain, old black sandals my mom passed down to me

bought an 1/8 yard of fabric for 47cents at JoAnn's

bought some mod podge on sale at Wal*Mart for $2

Add to this a paint brush I had hanging in my craft center & I was ready to complete my outfit.

First coat (still wet):


Completed outfit


Well, almost...I decided to add a few more touches to the shoes.

So far they've held up through sand & 5 hours wear! Happy mod podging!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

omg, those are so cute! you are soooo creative! :)

Debra Eby said...

Okay, so Ben and I were looking at the blog and I say, "She makes me ill!" (referring to how sick your creative talent is). Ben says, "She makes me tired." =) We love you and think you're amazing!

Hannah said...

I am so impressed! What a cute outfit that makes too!!