Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Charlotte's Mother

A very special little girl is on her way!  Her mommy needed a few things to complete the little Princess' room.

A diaper stacker to hold those perfectly folded diapers for a cute little baby botoom.
A fluffy, reversible rocking chair cushion for those late night feedings, bedtime stories and mommy snuggles.
Add some diapers to fill that stacker.  Wrap it up in a big bag.
Deliver to one gorgeous prego momma.
I love going to showers hosted by women of the local church.  To me it's the church doing part of what we're called to do--love & give.  It's amazing to watch God's people shower each other with love, prayers, and gifts.  This shower was no exception.  I especially loved the devotion Caroline's former middle school teacher put together correlating with each item in her gift bag.  Loved the prayer time.  These are the kinds of blessings that can't be bought.
We were excited to see Beth again!  She's a good college friend from Caroline's days at the University of Mobile.  We met at Caroline's bachelorette party, enjoyed some time together at Caroline's wedding and then, 3 years & 3 kids later (my 2 + baby C) we see each other again!  She's still as beautiful and sweet as ever. Too bad she has to live all the way in Birmingham!
Ivory and Micah tagged along and were so very well behaved--made this momma proud!
This was right before one of those "I'm such a terrible mom" moments when I dropped the camera on his forehead.  The shriek he let out was enough to melt a heart of stone!  I'm so glad he won't remember that day...
I'll never forget my first week at The Baptist College of Florida when Sparky (Caroline) bounded into my room asking in her sweet Southern accent, "Want to go to breakfast?!"  We sealed our fast friendship at Waffle House over syrup, fatty bacon, chocolate milk, and, of course, waffles.  This was to begin many a late night trip to Waffle House, crazy outings, and fun adventures.  She was my first accountability partner to model what true honesty and transparency in an accountability relationship looks like.  I was floored by her humility in confessing her deepest struggles.  I was humbled to realize I had never truly been that honest with anyone. She challenged me to be a better, stronger woman every time we met.  I will forever treasure those talks and prayers sitting on the washing machines or laying on mattresses in the vacated handicap room in Napier Hall.  She was patient enough to keep meeting...even though I was known to fall asleep on her...often.  I savor the time we drove an hour and she read Scripture to me the entire drive.  She blessed me with her "coupon" for one beautiful sunset together.  She thought of the little things, like making me coffee on a cold, late study night, sharing clothes when I was fickle and tired of what I had, or grabbing my laundry and throwing it in the wash with hers.  She fought to keep us together when anyone else would have let us drift apart due to our very separate and very busy schedules.  I'm so glad our friendship survived the miles that often separated us and even more glad that she's moved back to the panhandle and look forward to play dates and swapping mommy stories. 

April 2010 - prego together
Charlotte + Micah
After only a week into school I had my first birthday away from my family.  I woke up to these gorgeous flowers.  Yes, you guessed it, Sparky.
But that wasn't all.  She made me this delicious chocolate chip cookie cake, showered me with silly string, and made me the ghetto princess of a surprise party.
Sarah (my roommate at the time), Keisha, Rebekah, Melody, Me, Caroline, Amber (more folks not pictured)
She was my twin for twin day of spirit week pre-powderpuff game.
We had a blast with Amber & Rebekah on our dress-up night...we decided to spice it up with an 80s flair courtesy of the local Salvation Army. Yes, we do realize how hideous we look.
She inspired me to stay in shape with her exercise dance routines...let's just say it was an experience to walk into Sparky's room and see her rocking out to the music...
We house sat for a lady at work. We enjoyed looking in a huge refrigerator, making a delicious steak dinner (using her dad's secret seasoning), swimming in rain in the freezing pool
and discovering Sparky's inner banchee.

Life with Caroline is always full of surprises.  I happen to love surprises.

Sparky found time to visit me after moving to Mobile in the midst of her super busy college schedule.
She drove the long distance to be there for me on my special day (us at the rehearsal dinner). And no, we didn't coordinate our outfits.
She did a truly incredible job orchestrating my entire musical program for my wedding.  What a load she took off my shoulders!  I had the best music ever.  Thanks, Sparky!
Having a blast at Caroline's bachelorette party.
Going out with her sweet friends. Beth, me, Caroline, Rebecca, Sophie, Stevie.
I was extremely flattered when she asked me to serve as her matron of honor.
Her wedding was gorgeous, like the bride herself.
The reception was a blast!
You are so special to me, Sparky. I pray God's blessings on you, your husband, and this beautiful little one about to be born. By God's grace you will be a wonderful mother.  We've been through good times and bad times together.  I'm glad to know you're there for me when I need you. You can call me anytime for anything. I love you!
Caroline means: beautiful woman. Well named. I'm sure the name Charlotte (meaning: feminine) will be perfect for your little one.

No comments: