Monday, August 23, 2010

8.18.08


Something pretty special happened on the above date.  Something that changed my life forever.

Life changing experiences:

1) Making Jesus Christ my Savior and Lord - age 3
2) Marrying my incredible husband Jason - age 20
3) The birth of our first child - age 22

By far the most painful life changing experience--but one, like the others, I have never even for an instant regretted.  What an honor to be called Mom by this precious, beautiful, precocious child of mine.

Ivory Rae made her appearance after 14 hours of very intense labor bright eyed & screaming.  She was 7 lbs. 8 oz. 19.5 inches long.  And so very beautiful to her father & I.  When I brought her home from the hospital and stared at her as I lay in bed I thought my heart would absolutely burst with happiness, pride, joy.  She has been the biggest challenge of my life, yet.  But, also one of the most rewarding.  Thank you God for blessing our lives with our little Ivory on 08.18.08.

We named her Ivory with the hope that she would grow into a woman of purity and integrity.  We pray that she will be pure of heart.  "Blessed are the pure in heart for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."  --Matthew 5:8

When I hear Rae I think of a ray of sunshine.  That's what she is to us and so many others.  I watch her continually melt people's heart in an instant. I pray she is always a ray of sunshine to all she meets. "You will show me the path of life: in Your presence is fulness of joy; at Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore." --Psalm 16:11   I pray she always finds joy in the presence of our Lord.

On Thursday, the day after my baby girl turned 2 she gave me the best gift a mother could ask for.  She looked at me and simply began quoting the first half of John 3:16 to me all by herself.  I could barely speak through the tears of joy that choked me up.  My heart nearly hurt with all the joy I felt in that moment.  Even now I can't think of it without tears welling up in my eyes.  I pray that she is blessed with the gift I received.  My parents taught me about Jesus from conception.  I can't remember a time when Jesus wasn't my best friend.  I pray this gift for my children. I can't choose for them, oh but I'll pray it and offer it daily.

Jason was able to get Ivory to repeat her verse on video, though she got camera shy and needed some help the second time around.


1 comment:

Debra Eby said...

Aww, happy, happy birthday my beautiful niece! I still remember holding you in my arms for the first time. Your mommy is such a special person, Ivory, you're incredibly blessed to know her love. Praying blessings beyond belief in the coming year and on your precious life.