Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sign Language Class

Our church has a sign language class on Wednesday nights.  I've been taking Ivory in hopes of her learning some more.  Complete disinterest.  Totaly shyness.  Stubborness.  That pretty much sums up our experience every week.  But, I'm learning a lot and teaching her at home.  And we're having fun.  Ivory gets Bobo time.  And she's making new friends.

Our deaf instructor, Ken.

Kay (she took over my job as church secretary assistant) & Ann (Ken's wife, she's also deaf).  Ken and Ann are one of the sweetest couples you'll ever meet--and so very, very patient with us.  I enjoy learning how to better communicate with them.
Kay, Ann, Angela.  Angela is practicing her sign name.  We all received sign names Wednesday night.  Well, actually Ivory has had one since birth.  Micah recently received one.  And apparently I've had one for years...I just didn't know it.  Nice to learn these things.
Micah enjoyed some snuggles from Mrs. Ann while I worked on my signing.
Ivory with her Cassie.

No comments: