Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Preparing for Baby

My current stack of projects:

Deadline: May 13th (Micah's due date)...or a little earlier for breathing room.

Knocked out 3 since taking this picture on Sunday: Moses basket cover, cushion & diaper stacker.

Still to come: 4 Roman Shades (a first for me--very nervous about this project), 1 crib bed skirt, 1 crib bumper pad (well, my own variation for improved safety), matching baby blanket, coordinating throw pillows for Ivory's trundle day bed, fabric covered toy boxes, moses basket rocker skirt, tag blanket.

Not included in the stack but still on my sewing to-do list: pillowcases for our bed & valances for our window to brighten up our new room, fix baby sling (ours was recalled because of babies suffocating--yikes! going to try to re-vamp it instead), small storage bag for umbrella stroller, book bag for Ivory's bed, valances for the living room, dining room, kitchen & bathroom--basically every room in the house needs window treatments. Nothing too grandiose, right? It's good for me--keeps my mind off how ready I am to have this baby! Thursday it will only be 4 more weeks!!!

I also have some sorting/organize to do still because of the big room switch. My precious Jason kindly took one thing off my to-do list by scrubbing & cleaning our jogging stroller we plan to consign this week (double stroller replaced it).

I'm actually really glad to be busy with all these projects & they don't stress me. I'm in major nesting mode, something I never really experienced when pregnant with Ivory. I'm also a lot more anxious to have Micah. I think it's because I'm not as scared since the territory seems a little less unknown.

Ivory has been helping scrub the stroller, sort clothes (we recently received some amazing boy clothes hand-me-downs--thank you Tara & Betty Jo!!), do laundry, garden, sweep, wash dishes, cook more pizza (well, pizza roll this time!), and entertain herself so we can prepare for baby.

Thank you precious girl for entertaining yourself so mommy can sew! Thank you also to SesameStreet.com that brings amazingly long moments of pleasure for Ivory. I've decided that over-exposure to Elmo is not awful in this season of life...and he's very educational! ;-)

We're also preparing for our teenagers big Bible Drill tomorrow night! Extra practice today. Church level this week, Association next, and the big State Drill the next week. Our teens have worked so hard memorizing lots of Scripture & they can find them fast as lightning--so proud of them!

Better scram so I can finish some more sewing while my little girl naps & before I head to Bible Drill practice!

2 comments:

♥ sarah said...

my birthday is may 13th!!!

Melissa said...

Fabric covered toy boxes and the book bag have caught my attention. I may need to commission you - after you've done Ivory's and after Micah's arrival, of course! I remember nesting big time before Addie's arrival - nothing like having a baby to scoot a girl into getting things done!