Saturday, April 24, 2010

April Sunshine

My baby left. She went on a trip down south with the teenagers & her daddy where she met up with her grandma, grandpa & cousins. I looked with great anticipation to alone time & no cooking (I've dedicated this weekend to fruit, hot pockets, box pizza, salad & cereal--a well-balanced diet, no?), but I nearly couldn't let my little girl go when it came down to it. I know she's in excellent hands, though, and I will welcome her home with great joy tomorrow evening. Until then I enjoyed a fabulous girls night with Cassie & look forward to a day full of sunshine & sewing today! These are from yesterday. We spent some time together outside before she had to take a 6 hour bus ride.



Before nap she found these wood pieces (for the roman shades) and was playing with them. Next thing I know I hear her excitedly yelling, "H, H, H!!! A, A! Triangle!" I glance over to see this:
And all I could say, "Yes. Wow." My child's a genius! :-) And yes, she gets it from her mother, of course. ;-) Did I mention the other day she pulled out 3 pretzels in one handful and declares, "Oh, 3." Then, with the other hand she grabs 3 more in one swift motion & says, "Oh, another 3. 3. 3. Two 3s." And if she'd said 6 my heart might have failed me then. Did I mention she's only 20 months and speaking in short sentences, repeating nearly everything she hears, sings most of the alphabet, finds shapes in windows, food, glasses, bathrooms, counts to 20 & signs almost constantly? Heaven help us!

1 comment:

♥ sarah said...

she is smart! and i love that little bathing suit! xoxo