Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sink Fun

Soooooo, I was cutting Ivory's nails and accidentally cut a fingertip. Man, did I feel bad, especially when the wailing began and blood flowed. I had to think quickly about where I could put her so the blood wouldn't get everywhere while I tried to bandage it and stop the blood flow (those finger tips can bleed now! and band-aids definitely come right off the fingertip with 1 yr olds). Solution: sink. Ivory *loved* it! She didn't even notice her finger. She splashed in soapy water until the bleeding stopped. She even helped wash dishes. Also, water is readily available if you get thirsty. No bleeding--no tears--clean finger. Problem solved!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I love watching her drink from the faucet. Too funny. Good (and quick) thinking momma-friend o mine!

Debra Eby said...

Love it - such a great momma! I'll have to remember that when I do the same thing...it's bound to happen with the squirmer that I brought into the world.