Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Angel Food Ministries

This is an AMAZING resource for buying groceries. I actually haven't tried buying/eating food--yet. But, I will be trying for the first time this month! I'm very excited. You can get enough food to feed a family of 4 for a week for only $30! You can also get extra boxes of meat, produce, or other things. I think we'll also get the 7lb. meat box for $23 (includes steak, ribs, sausage, hamubrger steaks). And maybe the fresh fruit & veggie box for $22 (it has a lot of food, too!). I'll let you know how it goes in case you're interested in trying this if there's a distribution center in your area. It's available to anyone, and is basically just discount food. It's usually hosted at churches. You can pay cash at the site or order online with a credit card. You just pick it up on a certain day of the month. Nice, huh?! We now have a location right across the street from our church! Yay! I could *walk* to get my groceries its so close! Maybe that would be a good use for Ivory's wagon...

Anyways, just wanted to put a little plug for that for those trying to save a few (or a bunch of) bucks! (click on the title of this post to go to their website for menus and locations)

Okay, so I just realized I'm too late to order for September! Man, this happens to me every time I try to order! Must plan ahead...will try for next month!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Seriously, DO take your wagon! I know they appreciate it when people bring their own containers or, er, "transportation" for their groceries!

The Mikel Family said...

WE LOVE AngelFood Minitries! We started participating when I started staying at home... It is really great! And the food is actually really good!