Monday, September 28, 2009

Everyday Happenings

A "runny nose" has turned my normally cheerful, sweet, pleasant one-year-old into a screaming, tantrum throwing, hitting, screeching, fussy, irritable little person. Yikes! Help! I seriously do not know where my sweet (most of the time) little Ivory has gone. If you see her anywhere--please bring her back to me! I see glimpses of her for sometimes as long as an hour, but, alas, it does not last. If this is teething, yikes! She only has four so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (actually praying rather hard) its not allergies like her momma...heard to many nightmare stories of the years of that malady. Unfortunately, with the Strouds out of town, no family who lives in town (*hint, hint* Gma & Gpa), and Daddy having a full load of work, Ivory and I were on it alone this week. And did I mention I've been sick, too? What a week--Yikes! Thank God for prayer--cause otherwise this momma would have lost it! Today was a little better, so I took these photos during one of those "peaceful moments":
And because I spent a paragraph complaining, I thought I should spend a little time explaining what God's shown me I have to be grateful for:
  • Ivory's not always this fussy--she's normally a blast!
  • We're not in the hospital and she doesn't have an ear infection
  • I have the privilige of being with my daughter always--and I'm not having to stress about taking off work to be home with her while she's sick
  • My husband is doing an amazing job painting our house (pics soon to come!)
  • God spared my husband this sickness
  • I've still had the energy to cook and have actually made some delicious, nutritous meals
  • We could afford groceries to cook delicious meals--some can't
  • Ivory has an early bedtime!!!
  • I'm actually used to her early rising now and awake automatically on my own at 6:25AM
  • She's *usually* cheerful when she first wakes up in the morning
  • I have a beatiful family
  • Most importantly: I'm redeemed and loved by the one true, holy, pure, incredible God.

4 comments:

Arianna said...

It's very wise of you to finish with that list. Sometimes it's tough to remember the joys of motherhood when you're going through the rough patches.
You're doing a great job! I hope poor little Ivory feels better soon. It's just tragic when they're sick.

Shauna said...

Saw on FB you were having a rough time this week. Thanks for your transparency about the non-Kodak moments in life. I have been trying to work on transparency too. But of course, it does always help to top off the transparency with a little thankfulness.

Love you and Miss Ivory
(PS- Can't wait to see the house.)

Lee Ann said...

Thanks, girls! Ya'll are precious.

Debra Eby said...

Awww, my sweet Bits, wish so very much I could be there for you. Counting down the days 'till WVa. Missing you!