Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Doctor Visits

The week following Micah's birth we made the rounds visiting three doctors.

Dr. Dale - Chiropractor
Dr. Dale has done a tremendous job relieving our family of back pain over the past four years.  He adjusted Ivory & both post birth.  He did the same this time around with Micah.  Here's a very simple article about chirporactic care for infants.  Dr. Dale is extremely gentle with the little ones and looks forward to getting his picture with them.

Waiting on Dr. Dale





She did this all by herself


Don't worry, Micah didn't mind one bit.  This is how he checks to see if his spine is misaligned.  Then, a tiny, gentle tap in the right spot and he's all done!


Dr. Azam - Pediatrician
Dr. Azam came highly reccommended by my first midwife, Susie.  She has been Ivory's pediatrician and we love her.  Ivory is fascinated by her exotic accent and is always very calm and well mannered for her.  We were grateful to have a doctor we love and trust when Micah was struggling in the hospital.  Unfortunately, for Micah's first in office visit Dr. Azam could not be present due to a family emergency.  Apparently her daughter was in the hospital vomiting accompanied by other pain.  I've been praying for her and we did hear that she was going to be okay.  So, instead of meeting with Azam we met with the physician's assistant, who we also love.  She gave him a clean bill of health and saw no need for more testing!  Praise the Lord!

This day of doctor visits was our first outing with two kids and I must stay it went remarkably well.  Ivory did fabulous in the waiting room and Micah's nursing schedule worked out perfectly with the appointment schedule.  However, we did have a mini meltdown pre-exam...

Here Ivory is imitating Micah's crying.  She thinks she's awfully clever when she does this...
Jason soon distracted our bored little girl with the digital camera and graced us with these lovely pictures
This is Ivory's favorite exam room--balls, balls, BALLS!
Micah is obviously impressed as well...
After all these doctor visits we even braved visiting the hospital to make sure our payments were squared away.  The kids did fabulous for this, as well!  Ivory was especially entertained by walking, walking, walking around the outdoor fountains and singing Deep & Wide.  We enjoyed a pleasant Chik-fil-a meal and tried out the play area, but it's still a little too big for our little girl.  After all these visits our little ones were exhausted. 




Dr. Ingram - OBGYN
The following day, Wednesday, we left Ivory to play with Grandma and headed to our OBGYN office for Micah's "boy procedure".  Yes, Micah received his unkindest cut. 


Melissa's letting me try out her sling (the one we used with Ivory was recalled because of infant suffocation).  So far I'm liking it pretty well.  Probably going to use hers as a pattern and try making one.  Looks super easy.


'




He handled the procedure as well as can be imagined.  When they told me we could stay in the room or leave I nearly burst into tears just thinking about seeing and hearing my baby boy in so much pain.  I thought I would want to be with him, but in that moment I knew I just couldn't.  I would only make things worse with a wave of emotional hysteria.  Jason promised he would be there with him and I walked to the front of the office so I couldn't hear his wails.  When it was over they called me in and I nursed him into a state of rest.  I was so glad to be able to do this to calm my brave little man.  Poor guy was pretty upset.  Dr. Ingram assured me that both Micah and Jason handled it well.  No surprise there--Bennett boys are good like that.

No comments: