Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Parade + Christmas Baking

What's kept me busy & away from my sewing machine the last 3 days:
Goodies for neighbors & friends. I tried my hand out this delicious cinnamon honey butter I discovered on one of my favorite blogs. And then, being the over-achiever that I am, couldn't just give it to the handful of people I planned to, but more like 15 + rolls to go with it. Then, I ran out of containers & supplies for more cinnamon honey butter but still wanted to complete my list so I made goodies such as these:
Basically a take on buckeyes converted into Reese's-sorta-look-a-likes. This batch was for one of our church secertaries who likes them so much she asked if she could pay me to make more for today when her relatives came. I bartered for free babysitting instead.


And this is what kept Ivory occupied for some of the time I was creating above treats:



She loves "reading" & is quite entertained by it. I love hearing her read anything she comes across, t-shirts, signs, numbers, labels, books, posters, etc. She "reads" quite well.


Ivory was absolutely *precious* when we delivered the goodies. She was politely entertained & well behaved at each stop & said good-bye & blew good-bye kisses quite appropriately. Very proud Mom moments!


Tonight was Ivory's first parade and she was completely enthralled:

It's rather cold for us Southern folk so Ivory sported my gloves for a little while.


Ivory was showered with goodies.
Maybe 1/10th the candy she actually received (she doesn't even eat candy) & 1 of the 3 stuffed animals she was given.
We gave her the very first sucker tonight.
Savoring
She really took maybe 5 licks & then was finished. Fine by me!

Check it out, Colonel Sanders was in our parade...on a scooter...behind the dune buggies & motorcycles but before the the tractor, lawn mower & tiny cars.

Small Town Parade - Take 1

Take 2
Please excuse the poor lighting--it's just to get that hometown-parade feeling.


There was a Sunday School Christmas party for young families following the parade. Here the kids are bartering with their parade treasures. Ivory just walked around taking a little from each pile (don't worry, she gave it back).


Well, now that Ivory's in bed & Jason's enjoying marshmallows at the party bonfire I better scram & make some progress on my many unfinished projects & finish wrapping gifts!

align="center">Here's wishing you and your family joy this holiday season as you reflect on the incredible gift of Jesus Christ our Savior when he came as a baby. And can I just tell you how much I love teaching Ivory about baby Jesus & reading her the new nativity story board book we bought her?! So fun to tell your child Bible stories for the first time. It's definitely something worth savoring.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I also thought about doing the cinnamon honey butter as gifts myself. I haven't read her blog in about 3 weeks and I'm - starting - to - go - through -withdrawals.