Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Sewing Projects

I've also been working on a few other projects that must remain a secret for now.


I did make a stocking for Ivory, but I'm just not quite finished with it yet and want to wait to post pictures until I can add some finishing touches. I am going to buy fabric (hopefully today!) to make Jason a stocking, too! Until now I was the only one in the family with a handcrafted stocking (my mom did hours of cross stitch and gave it to me for my first Christmas). I love having a special, handmade stocking and want to give that same gift to my family.


I'm loving being home and able to sew again--o how I missed it! I miss the business of going and doing, and Ivory does to (that girl *loves* to go!), but I enjoy having the extra time to sew. We're still busy at church with Bible Drill, Christmas gatherings, youth stuff, etc. I've had dr. appointments for baby 1 & 2 and unpacking joys, but things are still slower then they were. With the Bible Drill Weekend over (which was so amazing!) I'm able to focus more on family, home, and Christmas sewing projects. I'm excited to be making some gifts from hand to give to family and hope they enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed making them! I love finding creative ways to re-use things I have or fabric people give me.


Speaking of sewing projects...Ivory's napping & Jason and I are going on a date this afternoon! Sooo, I better run and get ready myself for the date & get in a few more minutes of sewing before she wakes & we leave!

No comments: