Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life on the farm

Our dear friends Nate & Christina are moving to Texas to attend seminary. {sniff, sniff} So, there was a small get together Saturday evening at their Meme & Papa's before they leave next week. Ivory *loved* her visit. Besides the loads of attention she receives from all the adults, she enjoyed a tast of the farm life.

Very fond of her goose feather.

Gonna catch Fred & Ethel, the geese.

Her favorite face to make. My favorite face to laugh at.

D: "This is how you pet the horse."
I: I think I'll keep my distance."

I: "Not so sure about this..."

I: "Um, can I get down now?"

I: "Now this one's more my size!"

I: "I like putting my finger up Mom & Dad's nose, I wonder what the horse's nose feels like..."

I: "Dad, I'm over the horses."
Cassie, Christina, Ivory, Me, Lacie


The many faces of Ivory Rae.
"Papa" and Mr. George make the rounds with Noel, the poodle. Ivory adores Noel, but Noel would rather just bite and growl.
Ivory meets the goose up close and personal.
So exciting!
Ivory meets chickens.
Scared chickens.
Completely disinterested in meeting the chicken.
More interested in homegrown blueberries! Cassie was a little distressed that Ivory was uniterested after all the work involved in catching the chicken...
Our crazy pastor! We really do love him.
Did I mention there was some delicious food?! Lots of homegrown veggies and some good Southern cooking.
Ivory's first adventure with a dollhouse/log cabin.
She loved it! (see tongue)
Tired farm girl.

No comments: