Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Plans Foiled

Thursday Jason came down with a strong, nasty illness. After canceling and re-scheduling a few things he managed to spend Friday evening & all day Saturday resting. He led music and preached for Brother Mike Sunday morning and said he felt well enough and was ready to hit the road. So, we headed down for the 'rents. Unfortunately, when we tried waking up Monday morning to head to the Youth Pastor Summit conference, he was too sick to make it out of bed. I think he finally rolled out somewhere close to noon? My poor sweetie! Well, the same morning Ivory woke up with the nasty, tell-tale cough. By that evening mine began. So, our sick little family was up caring for each other at 3 am, 6 am, 9 am, etc. Thankfully, my Mom & Dad are sharing the job of caring for baby while Ivory's Mom & Dad try to get some rest. So, most of the day found our pitiful family laid up in bed together instead of in Orlando at the much anticipated conference.

At the moment Ivory seems to be feeling a little better and is bundled up and getting some fresh air on a walk with Daddy. He's been so sweet helping care for her so I can rest and relax even though he's not completlely better himself. What a sweetie I have!

So much for our plans. I'm reminded of the following verse: "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.' Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.' But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil. Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." (James 4:13-17)

Our time on earth is so precious, and all His. This is both a refreshing, as well as convicting reminder. I am reminded of my need to spend every waking moment in complete surrender to His time table, not my own. There I find peace and rest, rather then the chaos and disappointement of my own will. Thank you, Lord, for the truth & treasure of Your Word!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry ya'll are all sick. Hope you feel better soon!

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear you guys have been sick and had to miss your trip, but I am encouraged by what you've learned and glad you shared.