Friday, January 22, 2010

Recent Sewing Projects for Micah

Front (pants)


Back (pants)

Coordinating burp cloth for him to spit up all over...


Lovin the pj footie material I found for the bottom of shoes. Just need to look for some in different, darker colors.

Want to make a coordinating black shirt & try my hand at a little cap. In the process of making Ivory & coordinating outfit. Just have to add a ruffle to the pants & a scotty dog to the shirt!
I love Iron-ons Yes, I got the 9 & 7 backwards. Think I might add "call me" underneath the digits.

Little man outfit gift from our friend Jennifer. Thinking I might use this as a pattern for some more overallish outfits.
I cut out some dark brown cordurouy pants (will match cord shoes)--just need to sew them! I actually used a pattern for those. The rest of these were mostly made up (the shoes came from a pattern but 2 pairs were majorly improvised). I used scraps of fabric for most items. All the plaid you see above came from pre-cut squares of fabric that was given to me. I've gotten so much use out of those little squares! The onesies came in a pack of 5 for $4/5 on sale at Target. The appliques were left over from previous projects. So, each onesie cost apx $1 to make. To me, half the fun of sewing is seeing how creative I can be with materials I already have on hand. I especially love recycling our old clothing. I made a white t-shirt out of one of my old shirts that had some holes at the bottom. Just have to finish the collar, applique & wa-la shirt x2. I think I orginally bought that shirt for under $5. 2 shirts for $5--not bad.
What are some of the best recycable projects you have made? Any tips?

1 comment:

Jennifer Bates said...

Aww! They are SO cute! I love the shoes! Whare did you get the pattern for them??