Wednesday, January 20, 2010

99

Sunday I decided to write down all the words that Ivory says that are pretty clear & used correctly in context (most of the time at least) and...yes, 99. She can say 99 words! That's not even counting the words that only Mom understands & her sign words. Yes, proud mom moment. Just had to share!!! Quite a few words she signs & says. She also understands SO much. Yes, Mom & Dad have to watch what they say. She can follow basic two/three-step instructions such as, "Ivory, please pick up that piece of trash over there (point) and put it in the trash in the kitchen." She *loves* helping & is quite good at cleaning up after herself & rushes to help pick things up when Mommy drops them. As she hands them to me she says, "Tank you" because she's so used to me saying that. :-) Glad I've been modeling something positive there!

She loves not only dancing now, but also singing. She also talks constantly using her hands for emphasis as she shakes them at me after sharing an entire paragraph with me!















And for those of you curious, which is probably .03% of you here is the alphabetical list of words Ivory knows at 17 months:

Addie
Aliya (eeya)
Apple
Baby
Ball
Banana
Bath
Bed
Bee
Ben
Bird
Bite
Blue (boo)
Bob
Book
Bow
Bowl
Boy
Button
Bye
Car
Carrot
Carter (Carty)
Cassie (Ca)
Cat
Cheek (eek)
Cheese
Chip
Clean up (cean up)
Cold
Color
Come
Cookie
Cow
Cracker (cacker)
Cup
Cute
Dada
Debi
Dog
Down
Duck
Ear
Eat
Elmo (em-o)
Eye
Five
Girl
Go
Good girl
Granddaddy (gandad)
Grandpa (ganpa / pa)
Green bean (geen bean)
Hair
Happy (hoppy)
Hat
Head
Hello
Help (hel)
Hi
Home
Hot
I
Jesus (Jeee)
Juice
Keys
Knees
Mama
Mike-Mike
Milk (mmmk)
Mine
More (mo)
Mouth
Nana
No
Nose
Oh-no
One
Open (o-en)
Out
Pizza (pitha pitha)
Please (pease)
Rock (ock)
Shoes (doos)
Sit
Socks
Spoon (boon)
Star
Stop
Teeth (eeh)
Thank you (tank you)
Toes (dos)
Tummy
Two
Three
Uh-oh
Up
Water (waty)
Wow

2 comments:

Sarah M. said...

I don't know what scares me more...that you listed all those words, or that you listed them in alphabetical order.

...I think it's one of the reasons I love you.

Melissa said...

So glad to know we made the top of the list ;) Way to go Ivory!