Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mini Vaca

Daddy is currently leading a missions team in Costa Rica. Sooo, we decided to take a road trip to see Grandma & Grandpa C. My sister, Debi, flew down from Canada with her 3 month old Carter for the occasion. We are having a blast!

Here are some excerpts from some e-mails I sent Jason while he's away (beware of wordiness as well as some slight sappiness):

I can't believe you've already sent me an e-mail & called me! You are such an incredibly fabulous & thoughtful husband. Hearing your voice on the phone immediately brought tears to my eyes. I was so surprised--and pleased! I don't expect you to call, but in case you can or try to call. I miss you like crazy.

Soo good to see Debi, as always! Carter is precious & fun. Thoroughly enjoying watching Ivory & Carter interact. Took a video of Ivory in little bat wings & antennas--soooo stinkin cute! She kept it on for a long time just crawling around & playing. She has *loved* crawling around exploring a new place, discovering new toys, watching & touching Carter, & enjoying tons of attention. She is so precious & miss personality. She still hates bath time--cant figure out why. I'll keep trying.

My good friend Lynne had her baby, Timothy Ross, Sunday morning! He was delivered by emergency C section. But thankfully, he's healthy and doing well. 5lbs. 9oz. 19in. Long & lean. The picture is precious (will eventually load it).

Ivory *loves* Uncle Ray! We met them at a Mexican restaraunt for lunch and he took Ivory out of the car and she was happy as ever to be with him. She viewed him as her hero rescuing her from the evil carseat. (Though Ivory & Carter were *fabulous* in the car!) She flirted & waved to all the servers in the restaraunt & completely made all of theirs day. She has played in Uncle Ray's lap with her bottle & their coasters. She is crurently standing against the couch chewing on a green squishy stress ball. She adores Carter and they love being together. Last night they played together in the living room all through dinner. She babbled & peeked over her carseat at Carter most of the ride over here. He was more content in the car then he's ever been. We have ourselves two sweeties.

Now Ivory is visiting Grandpa. She adores him, as well. Grandpa was getting a little jealous of Great-Great-Uncle Ray. Uncle Ray is as funny as ever. I love how he just continually talks with Ivory as though she's a little adult. Thoroughly entertaining.

Ivory is just babbling away right now. She loves the toys Grandma bought her. She also really likes the puzzles. We have such a precious little girl, baby.

Carter talks, babbles, & plays peek-a-boo. He's a real sweetie & such a little man! I just love getting to spend time with him, my sister, and the rest of the fam!

Looking forward to seeing my sweetheart. We think of you often and can't wait to see you. But, glad you're following God in obedience even at the cost of personal sacrifice.

I love you more then Ivory is cute!

No comments: