Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ivory, Ca Ca, and Bear

Ivory not only loves Angel, but she ADORES her bear that daddy bought her. It was her first present when only the Lord, her daddy and I knew she existed. Within the past 2 weeks she has become extremely attached to it. She lights up when she sees it, will strain to reach for it and pull it out of the diaper bag, carries it around with her and even crawls with it. She threw a temper tantrum when I took it from her so she could eat. I think we need to invest in another one ASAP...
My family, remember Ally's blue cat? Oh, and Sherri, Ally & Danielle, "Oh Bear" has become all too appropriate of a song in this family...Jason thinks we should ban the song so Ivory doesn't get anymore ideas.


The most pitiful thing happened Saturday morning. Ivory has this shoe fetish (guess she takes after her mom, minus the chewing part). So, Jason had told her no and taken some shoes away from her that she was trying to eat. Well, she began wailing and throwing a small tantrum (she was also very tired and ready for nap time). Then, she crawls over to me, kneels in front of me with her hands on my legs, leans on me, and looks up at me with the most pitiful expression you can imagine with crocodile tears rolling down her cheeks. Talk about melt your heart material! Of course I wanted to support her dad, but it took everything within me not to pick that precious girl up and comfort her! Instead, I waited until she calmed down, then her dad cuddled and comforted her and then *finally* I took that pitiful mess of a girl into my arms. What a sweet little mess she is!

1 comment:

The Sawyer's said...

Precious pictures! Matt has a 3 year old sister who carries around a bunny that she has had since she was born....his mom bought another so she could have it when the other one had to be washed and boy does she know the difference...I think it is so cute when they carry something like that around. My nephew still carries around his silky blankets and he just turned 3.