Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day Gift

This is what greeted me as I awoke this on my first Mother's Day with Ivory outside my womb:

This was the artist's backdrop.


And here's a sneak peek of the great artist at work. We can't share too many photographs or we risk revealing the secrets of her great skill.

In a private interview she reveals that wearing too much clothing inhibits her creativity.
Experimenting with texture and color.

A huge thank you to the wonderful man I call husband, friend, and lover--Jason. His "assistance" was valuable to the great painter. I love my two sweeties!

And did I mention Ivory and her assistant painted this morning while allowing Mommy to sleep in? And when I awoke the floor was mopped, the child clean and dressed, and no trace of mess was to be found? I married a brave and wonderful man. Oh, and I failed to mention that this was after Ivory decided to sleep from 7:30pm until 5:30am with no feedings or need for Mom!!! And this is the 2nd time. My baby is finally learning to sleep!!! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

The Sawyer's said...

What a sweet gift to receive! Such a cutie!

iwonder said...

He is a very brave man!! Kudos to you, Jason. : )