Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby's First Gift

I discovered I was pregnant with our precious little one the day before I left for Canada to see Debi. Jason and I weren't able to spend much time talking and there was much uncertainty and anxiety mixed in with the joy. I called on time and ended up in tears (yes, emotional pregnant woman) asking him if he even wanted to have a baby. When he told me he had already bought our baby a gift then I knew he was excited about being a daddy. Here is Ivory playing with her gift from daddy for the first time.

She loves it.


Sitting in the red wagon my dad's dad made for us when we were grandkids.

I better go...Ivory is getting rather antsy...she's chewing on my arm and making strange noises as I type...

Oh--side note--she knows her name! Apparently between 6 and 9 months babies should begin responding to their name. Well, little Miss Ivory turns her head and looks at us when we (and people she doesn't know well) say her name. Way to go, girl! Pretty soon she'll be responding to Mama & Dada!!!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I thought this story was very sweet and very transparent at the same time. Thanks for sharing it with us.